I’m a Scrum Alliance certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Product Owner (CSPO) with over a decade of experience managing large, digital media projects and teams using agile methods in the deadline-driven publishing and broadcast industries.
Most recently, I’ve had the honor of serving as a communications officer within the Division of Emergency Management at the VCU Police Department.
Previously, I worked as a Consultant for Fahrenheit IT where I was engaged as a Product Owner at Capital One and as an Interactive Producer (ScrumMaster) on a team developing interactive sales and training software for Time Warner Cable, Comcast, and Berkshire Hathaway’s BH Media Group.
Past experience includes:
- Keener Communications – Talent Acquisition Manager (new employee onboarding, training, and continuous education)
- Privately-held consumer goods importer – Consultant/Production Manager (Dept. of Homeland Security import compliance, supply chain management)
- Dominion Digital – Consultant
- Media General – Project Manager
- Richmond Times-Dispatch – Technology Specialist
- Premier Pet Products (now Radio Systems Corporation) – Product Manager
- iVillage – Online Community Moderator (Pets Channel)
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers – Webmaster
- Barber Veterinary Supply – Sales Representative
- Quioccasin Veterinary Hospital – Assistant Veterinary Technician
I volunteer for The American Red Cross as a certified Community Disaster Education trainer and offer Disaster Services support for both the Eastern Virginia Region and national emergencies.
A native of Richmond, VA, I attended Douglas Freeman High School and later studied cultural anthropology and ethnography at The University of Delaware. In my spare time, I’m an avid bread baker and wine maker.